Use of Conventions
The title of my magazine was located at the top of the page with the featured articles on the left hand side because I found this is how most articles are laid out. The font and size of the text was very large and bold for the reader to easily read it and for it to stand out. I also made the background an image of my most featured article because this is also what magazines do.
For the table of contents page, I put it on page 3 which is a usual location for it. I also wrote the featured articles, a short description, and the page number of the article because I found this was done on every magazine I had researched. I also placed a few photos showing the basis of the magazine as well and what it was mostly about.
For the article, I made the title large and wrote the author, me, underneath. I also put pictures throughout the article as well because this is also what is conventionally done. Overall, I tried to mimic the format and style of conventional magazines I had reviewed and researched in the past to apply to my own piece.
Our magazine is directed more towards a younger audience, ranging mostly from teens and young adults to middle-aged.
For the table of contents page, I put it on page 3 which is a usual location for it. I also wrote the featured articles, a short description, and the page number of the article because I found this was done on every magazine I had researched. I also placed a few photos showing the basis of the magazine as well and what it was mostly about.
For the article, I made the title large and wrote the author, me, underneath. I also put pictures throughout the article as well because this is also what is conventionally done. Overall, I tried to mimic the format and style of conventional magazines I had reviewed and researched in the past to apply to my own piece.
Our magazine is directed more towards a younger audience, ranging mostly from teens and young adults to middle-aged.
Comments
Post a Comment